This is the 1st of 3 part series in the Primary Mathematics course. Your student’s learning will begin from the very first time he or she logs in.
Part 1 prepares students for an extensive study in ‘Numbers and Number Sense’, one of six strands in the Bahamas Ministry of Education Primary Mathematics curriculum.
Specifically, your student will cover the following topics;
- Ordinal Numbers and Ordering Numbers to 9999
- Odd Versus Even Numbers
- Whole Numbers versus Fractions
- Identifying Decimals
- Writing Numerals to Millions
- Place Values Up to Millions
- Comparing & Ordering Whole Numbers
- Understanding Math Terms
- Equivalent Fractions & Decimals
- Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
- Decimals through Thousandths
- Converting Fractions to Decimals and Vice-Versa
- Rounding Decimals to Nearest Tenths, Hundredths & Thousandths
- Representing Decimals as Part of a Whole
- Compare & Order Decimals Through Thousandths
- Identifying Factors and Multiples of a Number
- LCM and GCF of Two Numbers Part 1
- LCM and GCF of Two Numbers Part 2
- The Language of Mathematics
- Numbers as Products of Prime Numbers Using Exponential Notation
- Numerical & Geometric Patterns
- Writing Simple Expressions
- Solve Single Variable Equations
Lesson Plan: Each lesson includes an interactive video or presentation which is designed to engage the young mind.
Quizzes: Along with interactive instruction, students complete quizzes and get immediate feedback on how well they understood the topic.
Certificate: Once students have completed the course successfully, he/she will receive a certificate of completion.
Recommended Ages: 6 -12
This course is (8) weeks long, and because it is broken into week-long units, we recommend that students jump right into their work within a couple days of the course start date.
The course requires approximately 45 – 90 minutes per week of work. Course enrollment lasts a total of 70 consecutive days, giving students an additional two weeks to complete the 8 week course.
Our courses are presented in our very own learning management system. Students have their own secure login to:
- Access their online course
- Complete their quizzes
- Submit their class project
Students work through lessons and complete quizzes in the sequence in which they appear.
At the end of the course, if all lessons and quizzes are completed successfully, students receive a certificate of completion.
Parental guidance is recommended to ensure that students work through the course on a timely schedule.
We don’t just offer online classes; we guarantee consistent, high-quality instruction for your student.
There is no set time for lessons. Students will view the material on their own schedule each week.
Our instructors are qualified in their fields and have years of experience in teaching and tutoring.
We offer a 7 day refund policy. If after one week of enrollment, you are not satisfied with the course, we will give you a 100% refund.